Sunday, August 16, 2015

Homemade edible Finger paint

I made some salt dough alphabets and handprints plaque last week and was so excited to make the paint so that I can paint it with my little Sebastian. This is my first time making edible paint and it turns out not too bad. Just a little bit lumpy. I should have used my food processor to mix all the ingredients before cooking it on the stove. But overall, it is a pretty good experience and I will definitely make it again with my little Sebastian.

Ingredients:
1 cup of Flour
4 tablespoons of sugar
2 cups of cold water
Pinch of Salt
Food colouring


 

Instructions:
Mix all of the ingredients together in a food processor except the colouring. (Make sure the mixture is smooth and not lumpy) Then transfer the mixture to the stove and heat in on a medium low fire. Stir it constantly until the mixture thicken. Once it has thickened turn the burner off and let it cool. After cooling divide the finger paint into separate storage containers and add food coloring. Make sure the lids are on tight while storing so it doesn’t dry out.

No comments:

Post a Comment