Monday, August 24, 2015

Beauty tips: Double cleansing using 4-2-4 method (with DIY oil cleansing recipe)

Aging and wrinkles are every woman's nightmares. My mum always says 'There are no ugly women in this world, only lazy ones'. I guess she is right, it is time for me to take my fate in to my own hands and start putting some efforts on my aging skin.
I am very eager to try this double cleansing with 4-2-4 method which originates from Korea.(But some said Japan) I read a lot of pros and cons about this method and had decided to give this method a go.
Basically the process follows a simple formula: Cleanse first with a cleansing oil to dissolve the makeup for 4 minutes. Then follow up with a soapier cleanser for 2 minutes. This helps to remove leftover impurities and cleanses deeper into the pores. The last step involves using warm and cool water to rinse the face. Use warm water during the first two minutes of the rinsing process. This will help increase blood circulation as well as effectively remove the dirt that was picked up by the cleansing foam. In the last two minutes, use cold water to help close the pores. it will also give you that fresh and revitalizing feeling. It’s such a great treat to give to tired skin.
After cleansing your face, you can then proceed to your usual night time routine. In my case my night time skin care routine consists of the following steps: toner-serum-emulsion/moisturizer/eye cream/lip balm.
Well, I love the idea of making my own product and the ingredients to make the cleansing oil is not hard at all. The basic ingredients are part castor oil, part carrier oil and some essential oil boosters. Castor oil is the cleansing agent and it breaks and dissolves the impurities on our skin. Then, the carrier oil replaces the moisture that the castor oil removed. Finally, the essential oil  infuse our skin with concentrated complexion-loving ingredients. You can find your perfect oil and essential oil combination here.

My cleansing oil recipe (for combination skin)
Ingredients
 -1 clean bottle
- 1 tbsp. Castor oil
- 1 tbsp. Rosehip oil (I love Rosehip oil)
- 1 tbsp. Almond oil
- 10 drops of lemon essential oil for whitening effect

Instructions
Add each oil to the 4 bottle using a small funnel if needed.Next add in the essential oils. Cap tightly and ROLL the mixture between your hands to mix. (I made a small batch to try it out. )

To Wash Face With the cleansing Oil
Put a quarter sized amount of oil in the palm and gently apply it to the whole face and neck. With the 4-2-4 method, slowly massage the oil over the skin in a circular motion for about 4 minutes.  Apply it on a dry face and do not rinse with water. Next take a warm damp cloth and gently wipe off the oil.


Tips: This deep cleansing method should be done regularly, but not too frequently. You'll know if you're deep cleansing too frequently by the dryness that your skin will exhibit.




More information about;
-Double cleansing
http://www.vogue.com/13257184/double-cleansing-japanese-skin-care-acne/
http://sokoglam.com/blogs/news/15008477-tutorial-the-double-cleanse
http://shesintheglow.com/double-cleansing/
-Oil cleaning method
http://theoilcleansingmethod.com/
http://beautyeditor.ca/2010/11/15/my-brief-traumatic-foray-into-the-oil-cleansing-method-or-how-overreaching-can-sometimes-backfire-on-your-skin
http://www.crunchybetty.com/trying-and-troubleshooting-the-oil-cleansing-method-tips-for-flawless-oil-cleansed-skin
http://wellnessmama.com/7569/skin-oil-cleansing/
http://www.buzzfeed.com/alisoncaporimo/oil-cleansing#.xyEB4qj9VJ
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=73176/Oil-Cleansing-Method-(OCM)/No-Brand-(DIY-or-homemade)/Cleansers
-Essential oils
http://www.crunchybetty.com/21-things-you-should-know-about-essential-oils
http://www.holistichealthherbalist.com/enhanced-oil-cleansing-method/
DAY 1
I made a small batch of cleansing oil and I used it with the 4-2-4 method. (I applied the cleansing oil on my face without rinsing my face first) Then, I used my coffee scrub follow by my Turmeric Mask. After I cleaned my mask, I applied my favourite Rosehip oil. This morning I found a pimple on my nose. =(
I honestly felt good after I used the cleansing oil. But I found a pimple on my face this morning.
DAY 2


Except for the blemish on the tip of my nose, everything seems fine. Not sure whether I am imagining things but I felt that the lemon essential oil is working its magic on my face. I felt that my face complexion looks better. Normally I am lazy to put a layer of sunblock on m face. But, today I took an extra effort to apply it on because I read an article yesterday to avoid sunlight for 12 hours after use.



DAY 3
I usually use my La Mer cleansing oil to remove my makeup but I thought of giving my DIY cleansing oil a try. I find that my DIY cleansing oil works really well. I used it with the 4-2-4 methods so I massaged the oil on my face for 4 minutes in circular motion and later I cleaned it with a hot towel. My face felt clean and refresh. I love it! (I prefer my DIY cleansing oil to my La Mer's cleansing oil as La Mer's cleansing oil stinks my eyes every time I used it to remove my make up)
DAY 5
On Day 2, I mentioned that I felt my skin is fairer. Today I did a comparison for the last 5 days and my skin really looks brighter and fairer! I think the essential oil is working =D I noticed that the red spots around my cheeks on Day 1 are much lighter in Day 5 too.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment