Friday, July 3, 2015

DIY Homemade Tumeric Mask for Glowing Skin

As I grow older, I started to think about my well being and I thought to myself it is time for me to use more natural home made products and avoid commercial products if possible. You never know what the manufacturers really put inside the bottle. If I am making them, I can decide on the product that I am putting into my product.  

I want to share this incredible face mask that cost you next to nothing but it works wonders. It only requires 2 basic ingredients that you can find in your pantry, turmeric and milk. Turmeric is a good antioxidant, and an anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial agent. Milk contains lactic acid, which is an alpha hydroxy acid and it exfoliates the skin. Together, these ingredients make wonders to your skin.

Let's get cooking!

Preparation time:
5 minutes or less

Ingredients:
- 1  1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 tsp milk
(You can adjust the amount of milk to make the paste more or less thick, but make sure it’s a firm  paste that will stick to your face.  )

Instructions:
- Mix both ingredients in a bowl.
- If your hair is long, tie it up at the back.
- Wear a T-shirt you are not too attached to, in case it gets stained.
- Wash your face with running water and remove all makeup.
- I used my coffee scrub after I washed my face
- Apply the mask evenly all over your face. A spot you don’t want to miss is under the eyes, as turmeric’s anti-inflammatory properties help reduce the dark circles, which form as a result of vasoconstriction (narrowing of the vessels).
-Wash it off after 20 minutes. You will see the difference immediately

No comments:

Post a Comment