Sunday, July 19, 2015

DIY Homemade play dough

Last weekend was too cold to go out so I decided to make some play dough to play with my little Sebastian. We spent the whole afternoon playing with it. It was so much fun and we both enjoyed each others company. It is a really good family bonding activity. Sebastian asked me to make all sort of things; lion, bear, hippopotamus and even rhinoceros. To my surprise, I was pretty good at it. I have to give some credits to the recipe as well. (I found this recipe in Bestrecipes) The play dough's texture is really soft and nice and it is easy to mould it into all sort of shapes.
Let's start cooking 
Duration : 10 minutes

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup salt
  • 1 cup plain flour
  • 2 tbs cream of tartar
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 tbs oil
  • 1 tsp powder for colour (I prefer natural colouring ) 
Colours
Orange               - Turmeric                 
Green                 - Green tea powder    
Brown                - Cocoa powder
Beetroot powder - Pink 
Paprika               - Red

Instructions
Mix all ingredients together in a medium sized saucepan.
Stir over medium heat until the mixture turns into a dough. 
Allow it to cool down for 5 minutes before using it.
Store it in a container if not using it.  
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment