Monday, July 27, 2015

DIY Homemade Lip Treatment for Healthy and Irresistable Lips


I went out for lunch with one of my girl friend the other day and she commented that I have chapped lips. I immediately pulled out my lip balm to rescue my dry lips. Then she commented that I had it all wrong and just applying lip balm to the dry lips is not enough. She said lips are like our skin, it needs to be pampered. It needs to be exfoliated, masked and moisturised frequently. I came home and frantically search for the best lips regime for my poor chapped lips.

STEP 1 -  Cleanse
Similar to any other facial regime, it always starts with cleaning. I used a cotton wool and dabbed it in olive oil to remove my lipsticks. (I use olive oil as my makeup remover and it has been serving me very well). Next, I used a soft towel and soaked it in warm water and gently pat on my lips to make sure my lips are clean.


STEP 2 - Exfoliate
There are a few ways to exfoliate, like going over your lips gently with a toothbrush or a damp washcloth. But I was thinking of giving my lips a royal treatment so I decided to make a homemade sugar scrub to remove the dead skins.














Sugar Scrub recipe
Ingredients :
- 1 tsp of organic raw brown sugar (or any sugar you can find in your kitchen)
- 1 tsp of organic coconut oil 
Instructions:
- Mix both ingredients together and apply it to your lips. Let it sits there for a few minutes so that the coconut oil can moisturise and soften the dead skin. Then, use your index finger to scrub your lips in a circular motion. Rinse the scrub and your lips and let it rest for a few minutes.



STEP 3 - Mask
Applying a mask to the lips is crucial after exfoliating because it helps to moisturize, detoxify, increase circulation and replenish nutrients. But above all, they add an extra dimension to the skin-care routine, and they are truly pampering. So why not?

(This is a super mask, it can be applied on your face and lips too!)
Ingredients:
- 1  1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 tsp milk
(You can adjust the amount of milk to make the paste more or less thick, but make sure it’s a firm  paste that will stick to your face.  )
Instructions:
- Mix both ingredients in a bowl and apply it to your face and lips.
-Wash it off after 20 minutes.




STEP 4 - Moisturise

The final step is to treat that fresh, clean lips to a nice moisturizing treatment. Since I am going all out to pamper my neglected lips, I decided to make my own lip balm.














Coconut oil with Vitamin E lip balm recipe
Ingredients:
-1 tbsp organic coconut oil
-1/4 tsp vitamin E oil
Instructions:
Mix all the ingredients together and pour it into a clean lip gloss container, lip balm or a small roll on container.

Apply lip balm regularly and stay hydrated to maintain healthy irresistible lips.
Keep smiling =D





No comments:

Post a Comment