Wednesday, July 22, 2015

DIY Homemade gel air freshener

I love having my house smelling nice and fragrant but this love interest comes with a cost. Every now and then I have to replace the air fresheners with new ones and they cost a hole in my pocket. My husband often complaints that it is unnecessary and a waste of money. 
Since I am hooked to my new found hobby to make my own natural products, I was thinking why not make my own air freshener. I found a few recipes but I thought I will start with the easiest one - the homemade gel air freshener.

Duration : 10 minutes
Resting time : 3 hours or more

Ingredients
  • 1 packet of the gelatine
  • 2 cups of water (1 cup to go with the gelatine on the stove and another cup at room temperature)
  • 2 tablespoons of salt
  • 1/2 tablespoon of vodka
  • 1/2 tablespoon of lavender oil
  • Fresh rosemary for decoration (Optional)
  • Recycled yogurt cups / any container of your choice
  • Colouring (Optional - I didn't put any colouring as I prefer it natural)
   
Instructions
1.Pour 1 cup of the water into a pot and mix it with the gelatine and bring it to boil. Stir the liquid until the gelatine dissolved. Turn off the fire and let it cool down.
2.Next mix the vodka and the lavender oil in a small cup. Leave it aside.
3.Arranged the recycled yogurt cups on the kitchen table and decorate it with the fresh rosemary leaves and flowers.
4.Pour another cup of water into a small jug. Add 2 tablespoons of salt into the water and mix in the lavender oil and vodka that was sitting in the small cup. You can add colouring into the cup but I like it natural. Then, mix the gelatine liquid into the jug. Stir the mixture into the cup and pour it evenly into the yogurt cups.
5. Put it aside and let the gelatine sets. It may takes a few hours.

Once it is set, just decorate these cups around your house. It smells so good and it doesn't cost you a dime. I even put one in my car.   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment